You really can’t ever go wrong with tacos. This week I’m changing it up with a taco combo that’s a little bit different. Harissa, tahini and a delicious garlicky sauce = the perfect combination of spicy, bitter and sweet. Looking to change up your Taco Tuesday game? Give these super easy Instant Pot tacos a try!
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 1/4 cup water or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
Tahini Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- salt to taste
- Turn Instant Pot to saute. Add olive oil, onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until slightly softened
- Add chicken breast and stir until slightly browned on the outside
- Add harissa, turmeric, salt, pepper and water/chicken stock.
- Cover and cook on Manual High Pressure for 12 minutes
- While this cooks, combine ingredients for Tahini Garlic Sauce in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Chop cabbage and combine with vinegar, sugar and salt to create a quick slaw.
- Allow Instant Pot to release pressure naturally (takes about 15 minutes after it beeps to indicate it’s done cooking)
- Using a hand mixer, place chicken in a large bowl and shred using mixer (I promise, this is the trick to making shredded chicken FAST)
- Toast corn tortillas on a saute pan on medium heat until slightly charred
- When ready, spread 1 tablespoon of the tahini sauce on the tortilla. Add shredded chicken. Top with cabbage and green onions. Enjoy!