Chewy, marshmallow-y and down right delicious. These rice crispy treats are a kid-friendly favorite and ready to be served in under 10 minutes. Rainbow sprinkles add some color and make adults feel like they can relive their childhood at dessert time once more.
Check this recipe out for a crowd-friendly treat that never disappoints and is ready in under 10 minutes. For those days when you’re short on time but want something homemade for that sweet tooth, this is your recipe. They’re so good I couldn’t stop myself from taking a bite when photographing them for all of you…
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal (Kelloggs Rice Crispies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Spray a 9-by-9 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter
- When melted, add marshmallows. Stirring until melted down
- When melted, add in rice crispies and sprinkles. Work quickly to combine so the sprinkles don’t melt too much.
- Pour mixture into 9×9 inch pan and press with your hands (spray your hands with cooking spray first to keep them from sticking)
- When pressed down in the pan, sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of rainbow sprinkles on top pressing them into the treats slightly so they don’t fall off later on
- Cool for 15 minutes before slicing into 9 squares