Today I’m sharing a recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod that I absolutely love! Their blog is the CUTEST and I find myself coming back to it often. I’ve added several energy bite recipes to the blog but thought we could all use another!
Every time I make energy bites I’m reminded of my days spent interning with the Gopher Football team. I would walk to the training complex at 6 am during college to roll out hundreds of these energy bites for the players. Put two in a little snack-sized baggy and they were set for the players to grab and go when they stopped in for breakfast.
These energy bites are the perfect afternoon pick me up. The oats offer some fiber while the peanut butter keeps you feeling full until your next meal. Plus, chia and flax seeds add some heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids! These energy bites have the flavor of a Reese’s candy bar but with way less sugar and more nutrient-dense ingredients! Check out this recipe and the other energy bite recipes on my blog below!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until fully combined. Scrape down the sides as necessary
- Scoop dough into 12 energy bites and place in a sheet tray lined with parchment paper